Wednesday, November 22, 2006

In the Beginning…

I would like to begin my inaugural post by stating that this weblog is in fact a continuation of a previous blog I authored up until recently. For over a year I wrote about my academic investigation of the Iranian blogosphere in the context of the history of modernization in Iran. I did this as an unofficial part of my undergraduate thesis on Iranian modernization and Weblogestan, which I completed in May of 2006. After completing my project I decided to continue my blog, entitled Thought Process, as a space for me to explore the dynamics of technology, culture and politics. (Un)fortunately, my blogging service provider, Modblog, died recently and is rumored to be unexpectedly and indefinitely terminated. I have thus been forced to move to a new location, where I hope to continue and expand my academic interest in these topics.

While I hope that the original intent of my “thesis-blog” will continue to play a large role in the form and subject matter of this new space, I also hope to broaden its scope to include more discussion both on communications technology and the larger global blogosphere. However, I cannot rightly predict how events will come to pass. All I can say is that I hope to continue to cultivate what I began over a year ago. While this space is meant to serve primarily as a personal sounding board for my ideas, I do hope others will occasionally include their input.


Calexander.modblog.com RIP.

No comments: